Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap 100g

When I unboxed this product from Memebox Special #27 Diet Box sometime in September, I really didn't know what to expect from this soap. For one, the brand Ferderma doesn't sound familiar at all and its graphics are predominantly 'Egyptian'. If it wasn't for Memebox and for the Korean texts at the bottom of the box, I would have guessed that this product could have originated from the Middle East. 

Thankfully, Ferderma has websites in both Korean and English. If you'd check the former, you'd notice the Egyptian Diet Soap in the Featured Products section right away. It's on sale for KRW 14,000 ($13.50)  from the original price of KRW 15,000 ($14.50). This is a far shot from the $18 pricetag Memebox indicated in its Memebox Special #27 Diet Box curator card. Talk about bloated retail prices for Korean stuff such as this. 

Bad Memebox!

It's a very pretty box! 
Anyway, I tried this soap for a little more than a couple of weeks, and obviously, I used every bit of it! You know, $13 on a soap alone sounds too much for me. I can't waste it! I hope you get the idea. 

So, here's my review on the Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap in 100g:

Packaging

I won't deny it. This is probably the prettiest soap box I've ever seen in my entire life. You get to open several flaps of cardboard before you could finally get your hands on the soap itself. The pretty graphics and the numerous cardboard flaps surely give you a unique experience on unboxing the soap. I love it!

The only issue I have with the packaging is the absence of English descriptions/ ingredients and expiry dates. How I wish they indicated those crucial information. 

But, I see another redeeming factor. The box shows the FDA logo, which probably means that it was approved by the Food and Drug Authority. 


First Impressions

Considering that the soap costs around $13, I've been hoping for it to be bigger than most soaps in the market, but sad to say, it's rather small for its price. It's pretty though, because it looks kind of unique: it is green and translucent, and it was wrapped in clear plastic. 

When I first used this in the shower, boy, was it difficult to hold on to! It kept on slipping from my hands, and I literally had to grab it once again to be able to use it properly. I must say, this scenario went on for days, until the soap significantly decreased in size. 

Maybe the soap was too big for my hands, or probably my hands were simply too small for it. Or maybe, it would have worked really well if it was just a simple bar of soap. 


At first, I really thought this small piece of soap could barely make it through the week. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I was using this for a little more than two weeks, straight! Now, that's something. 

I believe this lasted me for a couple of weeks because it's loaded with soap hardeners. After all, it takes some time for the soap to produce a decent amount of lather. It was a hassle at first, but I eventually got used to it. 


If you think that this soap may not be minty enough, I guess you're wrong. I thought of the same thing as well, but I ended up shivering in the shower, because well, it's really minty! You'll have to massage it on your skin for a while and leave it on from 5 to 10 minutes. 

It's smells great, too! Minty.. Minty.. Minty! Perfect for your daily aromatherapy. I guess, they weren't lying when they said it's perfect for aromatherapy and stress relief!

Effectiveness

Once again, let me quote on something that Memebox used to describe the Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap: 

The spicy menthol, sweet fennel, horseradish, dandelion extracts, grapefruit, cinnamon oil, lemon oil, and rosemary oil work to alleviate knotted muscles, improve the flexibility and balance of the body, and provide aroma therapeutic effects for relieving stress level as well. Plus, it’s free of paraben, artificial fragrance, and artificial coloring; Ferderma strives to provide only nature-friendly and skin-beneficial beauty regime.
I wouldn't argue on the 'aroma therapeutic effects' part, because for me, Ferderma definitely nailed it! It smells great, and feels great on the skin! 

However, would it make sense if I'd say that I'm not entirely sold on the entire Ferderma 'nature-friendly' campaign? I mean, I'm not an expert or anything, but don't you think hardeners are predominantly artificial in composition? 

Sorry to burst your bubble as well, but it appears that this product is not effective as a slimming soap. It didn't do anything for my cellulites at all, despite using it straight for more than two weeks. No visible changes. 

I guess they were honest when they mentioned that the Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap is mainly for 'Psychological Diet', if there was indeed such a thing. 

Rating: 

Packaging - 4.50 out of 5.00 
Soap Composition - 3.00 out of 5.00
Effectiveness - 2.00 out of 5.00

Overall - 3.00 out of 5.00

Pros: 
  • Very pretty packaging
  • Therapeutic scent in mint
  • Feels great on skin (minty)
  • Lasts for a couple of weeks or more
  • Feels refreshing
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Circular shape (not good for small hands)
  • Loaded with hardeners (?)
  • Absence of English descriptions/list of ingredients
  • No manufacturing date and/or expiry date
  • Takes time to lather
  • Not effective on cellulite
  • Not available locally

Repurchase?

This soap definitely gave me an extraordinary experience, which I really, really enjoyed! However, this soap came with a huge pricetag, and it doesn't work to well on my cellulite. So, I'm pretty sure I won't repurchase it. 

Well, that's all for today's review!

Have you ever used the Ferderma Egyptian Diet Soap 100g before? What do you think? 

Let me know about them by leaving your comments below!
See you!

Love lots,

Newbee Marie




[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) obtained the said product from a beauty box. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to:newbeeworld31@gmail.com








0 comments:

Post a Comment