Thursday, October 30, 2014

Review: The Cream Factory Scrub-in-a-Tub in Goat's Milk and Cinnamon

First of all, my sincerest apologies for posting a series of unboxing posts in the previous weeks. I know this not entirely an unboxing blog, but my Memeboxes came after another. I'm afraid that this would continue on for months, as I am expecting lots and lots of boxes in the near future. I just hope you enjoy unboxing posts as much as I do. 

Rest assured though, that I will definitely post my reviews on the products included in the unboxings. 

Anyway, I don't have an unboxing post for today. As the title implies, this is a review post. 

Uh oh.. I swear I could almost hear you say, "Thank God! No unboxing post for today!" 

Just kidding. 

The product that I'll talk about in the blog is from The Cream Factory.

Everyone, meet The Cream Factory Scrub-in-a-Tub in Goat's Milk and Cinnamon.



I'm pretty much aware that this is not a newly released product at all. I guess this has been on the display racks since last year (?) I'm not really sure though.

However, I only got the chance to try it, when it was offered for sale at Watsons and SM Beauty Section. I believe I availed the 10% off promo, by which the Php600+ price tag was reduced to Php500+. I hope you don't mind; my memory's not good when it comes to numbers, but I do hope you get the idea. 

Based on my experience, the best body scrubs are priced at Php 500 and above. I'd say that by 'best', I expect the scrub to:
  • Exfoliate well
  • Be gentle on the skin
  • Smell great (not artificial)
  • Wash off easily
  • Moisturize and smoothen skin
Since I'm on a tight budget, I usually go for the Php 500 - Php 600 body scrubs, and since the sale pulled this to my budget range, I thought, why not? 

If I remember correctly, The Cream Factory scrubs come in three different categories: (1) Yummy, (2) Creamy and (3) Salty. I apparently, I got Cinnamon which falls in the yummy category.

And since this is in the 'Yummy' category, this should make every shower an extra pleasurable experience, right? I sure hope it does.

Packaging

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of the 'tub-type' packaging. I mean, I don't really want to soil my scrub with my hands every time I shower, so really, I would have preferred the tube type.

So, before I take a bath, I usually scoop a decent amount of the product to another tub to save me from soiling my 'new tub'. This is a hassle really. So, I guess this is a major concern. As for the rest, I love everything!

Manufacturing date, expiry date, and batch codes are all printed on the tub, and the instructions and list of ingredients are very much well presented. Plus, the stickers on the tub seem to be waterproof! I bet they won't get ugly in the shower!

Most of all, I love how they made an extra effort to inform users about their other products. See that cute piece of paper at the bottom of this post? It came with the tub, and it mentions how The Cream Factory came about.

Did I mention that the paper smells like heaven, when I first took it out? It's really heavenly... 



Formulation

Scrubs are supposed to exfoliate so I'm expecting this body scrub to have tiny abrasive materials in it. Honestly, I hate scrubs that are too creamy - so creamy that you could barely feel the abrasive materials in it. They shouldn't have named it a scrub then, but rather, a body wash. 

Anyway, I'm glad that this product really exfoliates. It's somewhat creamy, but it contains small abrasive materials, that really help in exfoliating. It's not sticky or tacky, too, even during shower. 

Most of all, it smells heavenly! I love it because it's so good that indeed, it's an extra luxury to your 'me' time. 

All in all, I think the formulation is just about perfect. 

Effectiveness

Every time I use this scrub, I feel like a princess, who deserves the pleasant experience. It smells great; it works well on the skin; and it makes my skin even more beautiful! 

All in all, it's great!

Overall

The Cream Factory Scrub-in-a-Tub in Goat's Milk and Cinnamon is a great product. 

However, I saw a major concern on this product. I've been using this for 1-2 times a week for the past two months. I opened my tub this morning, and boy, was I upset! The scrub that I've loved for a while, smelt like rotten eggs sprinkled with old cinnamon. It smelt stale! 

So, I had to throw it away, 

It really gave me a great experience, but I guess Php 600 was a bit too much for this product - considering that it could only last you for a couple of months. 

Rating

Packaging - 3.00 out of 5.00
Formulation  - 4.00 out of 5.00
Effectiveness - 5.00 out of 5.00

Overall - 4.00 out of 5.00 

Pros:
    *smells great
    *doesn't dry out the skin
    * scrubs well
    * pleasant scent lingers for a while
    * leaves a fresh feeling
    *available locally
    * gentle on skin

Cons:
     *Pricey at Php 600+
     *Smelt stale after a couple of months 

Repurchase?

No. I don't want to waste my money on something that goes bad after a couple of months. Unless of course the price goes down to the Php 300 range. Now, that would be totally worth it! 

What do you think?

Love, 


Newbee

[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid post. The said product was purchased by the author using her own money. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  

Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to:newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment