Sunday, December 28, 2014

Review: Missha Red Ginseng Sheet Mask

As I'm writing this, I am savoring the cozy and relaxing atmosphere of Christmas. Indeed, it's the perfect time of the year to celebrate, and to relax.

Every year, my family celebrate Christmas through a simple salo-salo (gathering), and a whole day dedicated to leisure, such as watching movies, playing board games and reading books. We rarely go out, but we find the activities for the day fun and fulfilling.

This Christmas, we did our usual set of activities and we had fun!

Despite all the activities for the day, I still have enough time for a relaxing treat for myself. I did a full skincare routine and I'm proud to say that I didn't do shortcuts! I didn't miss my weekly masks, too!

Speaking of facial masks...

Just this morning, I finally used my last piece of Missha Red Ginseng Sheet Mask. I initially had 10 of these, but I used them over the weeks to see the effects on my skin. In case you haven't seen one, here it is:




SUMMARY

Pros:

  • Does not 'burn' on skin
  • Refreshing and cool
  • Moisturizing
  • Not sticky
  • Didn't cause any breakouts
  • Brightens

Neutral:

  • Scent: Smells like red ginseng
  • Effects last not more than 24 hours

Cons:

  • Tears off easily
  • May not be 'ergonomic' to use
  • Available in selected stores only


DETAILS

Red Ginseng, according to most sources online, could (1) potentially treat acne, (2) lessen the visibility of wrinkles, and (3) enhance the facial glow, to mention a few. 

The Fit

Missha's version of the Red Ginseng sheet mask, on the other hand, features a 3D design, by which it is supposed to enhance the 'fit' of the mask to anyone's face. I bet, it's leaning towards the one-size-fits-all concept. 

Apparently, their concept of 3D, depends largely on the perforations at the center of the mask, which had gone from the very top, to the very bottom. These perforations allow the center to become a bit stiff, and therefore would enable the nose to fit snugly at the center (by theory). The mask actually looks funny when worn, because both the nose and the chin part would appear sharper and pointier. 

However, based on my experience, this 3D mask concept is gimmicky and sad to say, not quite ergonomic, at least for me. The perforations allow more space for the nose - in fact probably too much, if you have a smaller nose, like mine. Thus, my nose didn't fully benefit from the goodness of the red ginseng, because there was a gap in between my nose and the sheet. 

In addition, the perforations pull the sheet towards the center; hence, if you need bigger coverage, you may find the mask, too small to wear. I had some issues with it because some parts of my face were not covered. 

I guess, 3D's not for everybody. 

Effectiveness

Like most Korean sheet masks out there, this mask is so cool to the touch. I enjoyed using it. Leaving it on for 20 minutes was really worth it!

What I really love about this mask is its brightening effect. It does brighten! And it shows even right after you take it off from your face. For some reason, it's like magic to me. However, it would be really nice if the effect goes longer than 24 hours. There are some masks out there that help your skin be at its best for more than two days, and for some reason, this mask couldn't do any better.

By the way, this mask is moisturizing, too, and it didn't cause me any issues at all. 

Repurchase?

Yes! It's brightening effect is just amazing that I might keep more of this mask in the near future!


On another note:

I've decided to change my 'review' layout a bit. I want to contribute to the beauty community so bad, that I've decided to cut to the chase for each post and show you the pros and cons for each product first before finally getting on to the details. 

I don't want to stress you beauties with so many chitchats, and I do hope this new layout will help you with your beauty-related decisions! As you may have noticed, I have applied my 'new' review layout on this post, but this is not entirely how I intended it to be. At least, not yet.

That's all for today! If there's anything you'd like me to improve on this blog, please, please, do comment below!

I would really appreciate it!

I love you all! And wishing you all the best this coming 2015!


Love,


Newbee Marie


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) purchased the said product using her own money. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment