Sunday, December 21, 2014

Unboxing Post: Memebox Special #52: WTF - Wonderful Treasure Finds

For me, the concept behind the Wonderful Treasure Finds and OMG boxes are similar. For both boxes, you'll have to embrace the risk of getting products that are extremely uncalled for. The last OMG box I had, though, was not so OMG, except for the private parts' masks, which were not quite appropriate if you'd ask me.

I hope this box, the WTF, would be like OMG in a good way. I'm expecting new beauty products that are worth keeping!

If you're interested, you may read Memebox's description for WTF:
There's really nothing quite like the thrill of uncovering new, under-the-radar beauty products, and sharing the discovery with someone you know! Same with us! Even though we secretly enjoy keeping our new beauty obsessions a little secret, it's kind of our job to spread the love about these rookies! So, get ready to give your beauty stand a wonderful makeover with this boxfull of WTF, and get ready to be obsessed with these wonders that have already housed themselves in our makeup stands and bathrooms! 
This box, as mentioned in my last post here, was extremely delayed with the Wine and Cheese box. Last week, the awaited box arrived at my doorstep. Yay!

Here's a preview:


Anyway, here's the breakdown. Then again, I have arranged them according to my preferences.

Skindeco Comedo AC Power Serum 50g - $36

Ever thought of slathering high concentrates of anti-cancer ginger and garlic extracts on your skin?Well, Skindeco did and came up with this unique power serum enriched with a blend of ginger and garlic which softens roughened skin texture and removes excessive oil and dirt clogging up the pores, for a healthier, more glowing complexion. 
Indeed, this is the first time for me to hear about ginger and garlic in a beauty product. Based on Memebox's description, this could be an intensive skin care product. My skin's not really sensitive, but it reacts harshly to most intensive skincare products. I hope this would work! And I hope this doesn't smell nasty. 

Isn't the packaging gorgeous? It reminds me of Chinese New Year! 

Elinette BMS Cure Cream 50ml - $65


Free of paraben and alcohol, this facial cream is formulated through BMS technology which boosts the function of antioxidants and minerals to stimulate skin turnover. It also works to soften, soothe, moisturize, nourish, and firm up dehydrated, sagging skin. You'll be able to experience a visual difference with continuous application of the Cure Cream.
The packaging doesn't look enticing, but the description is tempting me to open this cream and put it to the test. This product promises 'skin turnover'; now, that could be a gamechanger.

Sorry though, because this will have to wait. I have tons of creams to empty for now. 

Mumur Air Waterdrop Cooling Hand Cream Snow Blossom 50g - $9


A lightweight, moisturizing hand cream, which instantly melts onto skin with a silky, soft finish. What's so unique about this product is that it creates  dew-like waterdrops when massaged over skin as if a snow flake has melted on your hands. It's also packed with hyaluronic acid and completely free of paraben, ethanol, benzophenon, artificial coloring, and artificial fragrance.  
I used to ignore hand creams because they don't sound like 'necessity' to me. But recently, I've been grabbing hand creams more frequently than I used to. Memebox has been sending me boxes with hand creams that are so difficult to resist!

This product is an addition to my stash, but I won't complain! How many hand creams out there promises to give you that "melts-like-a-snowflake" sensation? This handcream sounds like a Wonderful Treasure Find indeed. 

Dearberry Play Choux 30ml - $13


This lightweight, skin perfecting primer helps create a smooth, even canvas for foundation. It color corrects fro a range of complexion concerns, especially sallowness, dehydration and saggy skin so that makeup glides on evenly and stays true for a healthy, even-toned start. The Lemon Choux specifically works to brighten up dull, uneven complexion while the Peach Choux works to add a healthy light-from-within glow to skin.  
This reminds me of Etude House's Sweet Recipe Baby Choux, which I used in the past. Etude's product was okay, but I decided to omit it from my routine because it doesn't do much, in my opinion. I wonder which company got a hold of the 'choux' labeling first. Or is this a norm among Korean primer/ makeup base?

For now, I can't figure out what makes this product a Wonderful Treasure Find, but it's good to know that I have a backup for this. I'm also happy that Memebox gave out the full size.

Yadah Capsule tok Soothing Gel 200ml - $11


The visible green aloe vera capsules soothe and moisturize skin while the yellow vitamin capsules rejuvenates and brightens up comlexion as they melt onto skin. A blend of aloe vera water, green tea extracts, and cactus flower extracts, effectively cools and soothes stimulated skin and leaves it moist and nurtured. Also, witch hazel water and lotus extracts work together to treat and firm up clogged pores.  
To be honest, I've gotten really tired of receiving soothing gels - especially if it screams aloe vera all over.

This is no exception, sad to say. However, among all the soothing gels and aloe products in my stash, this appears to be the most interesting of them all. So, this will be used.

Bath Charm Store Dead Sea Salt Pearl Natural Soap 100g - $6


A 100% natural soap made from dead sea salt, pearl powder, shea butter, hyaluronic acid, jojoba oil, lavender essential oil, and rose fragrance. This gentle formula helps brighten up dulled complexion and is perfect for treating troubled, sensitive skin.  
If I didn't read the curator card that this box came with, I would have missed the message Memebox highlighted: Because it's formulated with only natural ingredients, make sure to use the soap within 1 year of purchase.

1 year of purchase or did they mean, 1 year after manufacture? 

This is a bummer, because I would really love to keep this for display. The soap is so gorgeous that I just want to keep this on a longer period of time. This was manufactured October this year. I guess I should make use of this before October next year. 

And, I'm not really a fan of hard soap cleansers. I wish Memebox didn't push through sending this product. I mean, they should have sent us another cleanser that won't go bad within a year. I don't really care if it's not purely from natural ingredients. 

This is pretty and all, but I wish I could keep this for a couple of years more. 

Tonymoly Mr. Smile Patch 10g - $2


This hydrogel type patch formulated with black secret complex - blueberry, black bean,black sesame seed, and mulberry extracts - effectively smooth out and firm up the skin along your smile lines.  
A couple of years ago, I was eyeing this product at testerkorea. I couldn't recall why I didn't add this to my cart, but I remember very well, that I've always wanted to try this.

Now that I have this, I'm going to try this real soon!

Overall

I find this box a Wonderful Treasure Find indeed. Most products are rare to find, and they are fun to try. I got a great value for my money, too.

I'm so glad I got this box!

I hope you enjoyed today's unboxing!

Enjoy your holidays everyone!

Love,

Newbee Marie

0 comments:

Post a Comment