Saturday, December 13, 2014

Unboxing Post: BDJBox December 2014 - A Covergirl (Katy Perry) Exclusive Box

My December 2014 BDJBox came in a bit late, most probably because of the maddening Christmas rush everyone is experiencing. This is expected because everybody's frantic about a lot of stuff. Imagine the stress courier personnel have to go through, and I understand that. 

Despite the late deliveries, I was pleasantly surprised when I tore away the packaging!

Look, it's...


COVERGIRL

and it features:


KATY PERRY!

I'm a fan of Katy Perry, because she's really versatile as a performer. She has the skills: powerful singing voice and insane guitar skills (for a girl even!) Most of all, she has the looks and audacity to wear different costumes. 

But did you know that without makeup, she looks different? (But still pretty, nonetheless) 

Source: dailymail.co.uk
This proves that makeup sure is something! And Covergirl must have been playing a big part on this since we-don't-know-when.

But, thanks to BDJBox, I'll get to try Covergirl's products for a fraction of a price. So, without further ado, here are the contents of the Covergirl's Exclusive BDJBox:


And, here's the breakdown:

Cheekers Blush in 105 - Rose Silk 



Get an easy and natural rosy silk flush with this new and upcoming portable mini-compact that gives you subtle highlights that goes on to stay-true, stay natural-looking for hours. A sassy way to give life to your cheeks exclusively available only at BDJBox. 
I've accumulated about 6 different blushers within a month, and so, this will have to be the seventh. But, I'm really happy that both BDJBox and Covergirl could contribute to my recent blush addiction. 

By the looks of it, this blush would look perfect on fair skintone! And Covergirl, I take your word that this blush would last for hours. 

According to the curator card, this 3g blush retails for Php 395 each. 

Liquiline Blast Eye Pencil



This liner's high-pigment formula and built-in smudger gives you the intensity and staying power for eyes that will definitely get you noticed. Easily achieve that intense definition or subtle, smoky look. 
I appreciate eyeliners now, because they do make a difference to my tiny eyes. But, I always have a problem with eyeliners, because they tend to smudge and give me that panda look. However, I think this eyeliner is worth looking into, because it might be different from the rest. And, it's pricier, too!

At 9.5g, it retails at Php 450 each.

LashBlast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara



Its super-volumizing, fiberstretch mascara formula and oversized brush make every little lash bigger, fuller, longer-looking and more dramatic. Its waterproof formula gives you volume and length - rain or shine! 
And since I have a lash topcoat from Etude House, I wouldn't worry much about this mascara smudging anymore. I haven't tried this yet, but judging from the wand, this mascara could make wonders on your lashes. It sounds like bigger and fuller lashes are within an arm's reach through this promising mascara. 

This mascara retails at Php 595 each. 

TruBlend Pressed Powder



Has silky-smooth formula that adapts perfectly to your skin tone. A perfect coverage to achieve a fresh, no makeup look. Especially designed to match with the TrueBlend Liquid Makeup. A lightweight formula that controls shine and doesn't clog pores.  
I occasionally use pressed powders, because I'm extremely lazy. At most times, I only grab a BB cream, blend it over my face, and I'm done with my makeup. But since I also do my best on not becoming wasteful, I intend to use this with the Covergirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup. 

I haven't used this yet, but I do hope this shade, 02 - translucent light would suit my fair skin. Otherwise, this and the liquid makeup of the same shade, will have to go somewhere else. 

This pressed powder retails for Php 425 each. 

TruBlend Liquid Makeup



A liquid foundation that provides smooth full coverage for a flawless natural-look. You won't even know where your makeup ends and where your skin begins. Available in 21 shades to perfectly match 99 percent of all skin tones. 
I avoid liquid foundation, because the ones I've tried in the past are either too gross, too grimy, too greasy, too cakey or too heavy on my facial skin. However, this one's different, according to Covergirl, because you won't even know where your makeup ends and where your skin begins. Then again, Covergirl, I take your word on that.

This liquid foundation retails at Php 645 each.

Overall

Do that math, and you'll discover that the contents of this box should be around Php 2500, despite the fact that I only paid Php 580 (including shipping) for it. And, all are in full sizes!

Obviously, I'm very happy with this box, and it feels like an early Christmas present. I must say, this must be one of the best boxes BDJBox has to offer!

So happy, and so satisfied!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Love lots,


Newbee


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. 

NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said beauty box at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know! 
Do you have any business inquiries? Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment