Sunday, March 22, 2015

Review: It's Skin Cookie and Hand Cream in Mint (80ml)

Don’t you just love the aroma of freshly baked cookies? Add a hint of mint, and it smells absolutely heavenly! 

When Memebox sent me a tub of It’s Skin Cookie and Hand Cream in Mint variant through Memebox Special #47 - My Dessert Box, I didn't feel too excited because I wasn't a fan of hand creams by then. I thought lotions are already sufficient.

However, that notion of mine changed when I began using this. 



It's Skin Cookie and Hand Cream in Mint promises to nourish and moisturize the skin.

Pros:

Cookies and cream scent with a hint of mint
Moisturizing
Fun to use
Very cute packaging
Not greasy when applied

Cons:

Takes a while to absorb fully into the hands
Tub-type packaging
Not locally available


Packaging




As you could see, the product is housed in a tub, with no spatula, whatsoever. I don’t like tub-type packaging for skin care products in general, because I hate dipping my fingers/spatula into the product. However, what can I do? I can’t hate THIS packaging, despite its ‘unhygienic’ container, because it’s simply too darn cute!


Come to think of it: how many of us apply hand cream without washing our hands first?

I bet, not so many.


For the record, I don’t apply hand cream without washing my hands first. I believe only clean hands deserve hand creams. If you believe in such, then maybe, the tub-type packaging may not be so ‘unhygienic’ for us after all.

The container aside, I kind of appreciate this packaging because of its simplicity. It doesn’t say much, but the essentials are printed in English and Korean. Also, the batch code and manufacturing date are indicated. So, no worries for me.

Formulation

The cuteness doesn’t end in the packaging. Even the cream is sooo darn cute in itself.

Look:



The specks you see almost look like cookies, and with the slightly minty cream around, it surely reminds me of Cookies and Cream - in mint variant!


And the scent! And the scent, is soooo spot on! Cookie lovers will surely rejoice at the sight and the smell of this! It reminds me of cookies and cream with a hint of mint. I absolutely love it!


Don't worry about the specks turning black like the one above. It 'melts' and doesn't leave residue nor discolor your skin. 

Effectiveness

I’m not crazy on this cream only because of its looks and scent.

It does what it promises, too! It hydrates the skin so well - leaving my hands so smooth and silky every after application. The product takes a while to absorb into the skin though, but I don’t mind because the scent is wonderful on the skin, especially when it hasn’t fully absorbed yet.

Overall

Obviously, I’m in love with this product, but I don’t think it’s available locally. I’ve seen It’s Skin products (in limited quantities and variants) in Watson’s shelves the other year, but recently, they seem to have disappeared. Where could they have gone to?

Repurchase?

If given a chance? Of course, I will!

I heard there are other variants of this hand cream as well - in original, and in strawberry. I look forward to trying each variant! 


How about you? Have you tried this hand cream before?

What do you think?

Don’t forget to comment below!

Love,

Marie


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. MARIE (the author of this blog) purchased the said product using her own money. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 


If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment