Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Review: Calmia Sparkling Roobois Aqua Sprinkler Gel Cream 150ml

Time is valuable, which is why a lot of us often opt for the faster options in life. Fast cars, fast processing time, fast foods - if you know what I mean. Truth is, sometimes, we couldn't even afford to lose some time for ourselves. Thanks to other priorities and responsibilities. 

Indeed, even the most basic skincare routine, 'cleanse-tone-moisturize' is difficult to maintain on a daily basis. 

Good thing, some skincare manufacturers have already considered the inconveniences behind 'skincare layering'. The skincare industry, particularly the Korean skincare market, is now marketing all-in-one skincare products. 

How exciting!

Luckily, I got my hands on my first ever 'all-in-one' skincare product last year. 

For starters, I got the Calmia Sparkling Roobois Aqua Sprinkler Gel Cream in 150ml. 

Pros:
  • Very convenient to use because it's an all-in-one product (booster, toner, emulsion, essence, and gel cream)
  • Can be sprayed or can be used as cream
  • Non-greasy formula
  • Good consistency 
  • Absorbs into skin quickly
Cons:
  • 'Sharp' floral scent
  • Stings on skin (sometimes)
  • Could cause redness on skin (sometimes) 
  • Not available locally
  • Expensive at $34 (according to Memebox) 
  • Doesn't work as a whitening product
I got this product from the Memebox Superbox #31: Herbal Cosmetics last year. 


It claims to be an all-in-one product and could be used as a substitute for booster, toner, emulsion, essence, and gel cream. It sounds promising because it could potentially enhance the features of one's facial skin, without spending extra time on layering. 




Consistency

I think it's a good skincare product, because it's not greasy on the skin and it absorbs pretty quickly once applied. This solution doesn't spoil makeup application, too. It's like applying over a makeup primer, because at most times, it makes it easy for me to apply liquid foundation or BB cream all over my face.

Solution in the container - bubbly gel


It's also fun because you could use it either as a spray, or a gel. To use it as a spray, you could simply spray it 20cm away from your skin. Spray it closer to the skin, and it will come out as gel. 

Calmia Roobois as gel

I frequently use it as a gel because I find it more economical, but when the weather is extra hot and humid, I use it as a spray, because it's refreshing. It's a personal preference though, you could do anything you like with it. 

Calmia Roobois as spray


Effectiveness

As expected, this product did work out as a good moisturizer. After application, my skin always turns out well moisturized. Although it promises whitening and anti-wrinkle effects, sadly, I couldn't really attest to it, because it hasn't significantly improved the condition of my skin with respect to those areas. 

Batch code and expiry date
I also think that the smell of this thing is a bummer. It smells floral, but not the lovely kind of floral. It's rather strong, and it lingers for a while on the face. It does make me want to sneeze every after application. So, really, I would have preferred this as an unscented product rather than the one with a scent such as this. 

Although this claims to be a product with herbal formulation, I still believe that this is not ideal for those with sensitive skin. Even my 'normal' skin reacts to this every once in a while. Sometimes, it stings and burns in one area, and sometimes it causes redness all over. It's not really a big thing for me, but I assume it matters to those who have very sensitive skin. 

Repurchase?

It's expensive; it's difficult to find online; and it doesn't smell good for me;

So basically, I won't be buying another bottle of this. 

Did I mention that it's rather expensive at $34? 

I won't repurchase this, but I won't stop trying other all-in-one products in the market. 

Who knows? I might find one that would REALLY cut back my skincare routine.


How about you?

Do you know an all-in-one skincare product such as this? Please let me know by commenting below! 




[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. MARIE (the author of this blog) purchased the said product using her own money. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 


If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment