Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Review: Bath Charm Store Dead Sea Salt Pearl Natural Soap 100g



Last year, I bought the Memebox Special # 52: WTF (Wonderful Treasure Finds), and decided to try the Bath Charm Store Dead Sea Salt Pearl Natural Soap in 100g.



It claims to be made of 100% natural ingredients, and could be perfect for those with sensitive skin.



Pros:

  • Claims to be 100% natural
  • Contains good stuff: eg. hyaluronic acid and shea butter
  • Lovely floral/fresh scent
  • Very pretty and presentable
Cons:
  • Expires within a year
  • Expensive at $6 (according to Memebox)
  • Not available locally
  • Might cause allergic reactions to some people (due to lavender and rose essential oils)
The soap

There's no denying it; this soap is soooo pretty! Seriously, it took me several days to decide on when to use it. If it wasn't for the expiry date, which is a year after manufacture, I would have really kept it for a couple of years more. 

But after a week, I decided to use it. It smells good, and it lathers just fine. The scent, once applied on the skin, doesn't stay long though. 

And I noticed, that every time I leave it out to dry, some lovely beads form at its surface. It's sooo pretty! See for yourself!


Effectiveness

According to the curator card that this product came with, this soap is ideal for those with troubled and/or sensitive skin. I believe that it is indeed gentle for somebody like me who has normal skin.

However, I couldn't really vouch for its effectiveness on sensitive skin though, because I noticed that it contains lavender and rose essential oils that are highly considered as skin irritants. If in doubt, conduct a patch test first to see if it's good for your skin.

Overall

It's really a fun soap to use, but I categorize it as a novelty item, rather than a necessity. For one, it expires in a year! Truth be told, I would rather stick to an 'artificial' product that could last for a couple of years, than a 100% natural product that expires in less than a year. Also, aside from its looks, it's not really special. I don't think it had a 'WOW' factor to it, and I really don't consider it as a WTF product (wonderful treasure find).


Nonetheless, this soap gave me a good experience, that is surely worth remembering. But, too bad, I won't be repurchasing it!

Have you tried this soap before? How did it go?


Love,

Marie



[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. MARIE (the author of this blog) purchased the said product using her own money. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 


If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment