Monday, September 29, 2014

Unboxing Post: BDJBox September 2014 - Beauty Innovations

I remember the unboxing I've done for the past few boxes, and I just realized, that maybe, just maybe, there were times my expectations were just too much for BDJ. I mean, I must have been suffering from hormonal imbalance when I made my rants. Or, I was already too happy when I thought I was happy with the products I unboxed.

I don't know if this makes sense to you, but the thing is, I should try to 'calm' myself prior to unboxing, to know which products deserve appreciation, and which ones don't.

Anyway, here it is:


The box is bigger than the usual BDJBox, and heavier, too!

It says, BEAUTY INNOVATIONS.

This is it! Finally, new things that I could try! I wonder which new products/brands are included? 

Here comes the awaited unboxing!!



Well, see for yourself if it's a good box, or not.

I have arranged the products according to my preferences:

Pond's Dewy Rose Gel, 10g


Dewy, soft skin is now easy to achieve with Pond's Institute's newest formulation. Flawless White Dewy Rose Gel. This whitening gel is infused with Rose Lumiere Serum that goes deep into the skin to lighten dark spots and smoothen pores outside giving you that rosy glow you've always wanted. 
It says whitening, which I'm not really a fan of; but, I don't really mind. For as long as I won't look like a ghost with this, I'm very willing to give this a go. I've always wanted that 'glowing' look, and I know most of us do. However, so far, I could only achieve the 'glowing' look by using selected Korean products.

Apparently, this is a new product from Pond's; so really, I can't wait to use it!

Each Pond's Dewy Rose Gel 10g retails for Php 150. I got two,by the way.

Notice that both products look really small when compared to my hand.


Jergen's Moisture Pack (includes Ultra Healing Lotion 100ml, Daily Moisture 200ml) 


Jergen's Ultra Healing Lotion, 100ml
Be the first to try this newly relaunched body lotion that's formulated with a Hydralucence Blend to go deep beneath skin's surface to heal dryness at the source. 
Jergen's Daily Moisture, 200ml
Infused with moisturizing Silk Proteins and a Citrus Extract, this reformulated lotion leaves the skin looking and feeling silky and smooth all day long. 
Wow, two full-sized products!

Although I'm not really a fan of lotions without SPF, I think these are worth  trying because both products promise moisture. I believe these are 'new' products as well. I hope these are not sticky!

The Healing Lotion retails for Php 88, while the Daily Moisture retails at Php 153.


Cream Silk Daily Treatment Conditioner, 180ml (2pcs) 
This product combines the benefits of a weekly hair treatment with the speed of a daily conditioner. It's formulated with a Vita-boost complex, that deeply penetrates the hair strand to nourish it from within.  
Use it in place of your regular conditioner to pamper your hair everyday. With 4 variants to choose from, you're sure to find one that addresses your hair concerns. 
I know these conditioners are not really 'new' but I'm glad they included two of these because I could use them. BDJ has just saved me from purchasing another tube of conditioner from the grocery. Yeah!!! 


Beach Hut Clear Spray, 180ml 
Gone are the days of having to spread that sticky, messy sunblock on your skin! Stay longer under the sun without worrying about those harmful rays. It provides better, easier and even application than your ordinary sunblock lotion. Just spray and go! 
I am an avid user of sunblocks and/or sunscreens, and I stock up of a whole lot of them whenever I get the chance. I considered buying this particular sunblock, probably a few months ago, but I hesitated, because it's 'spray type'. 

A friend of mine told me that she used to apply spray type sunblock on her skin. However, this didn't work out for her because according to her, spray-type sunblock are so sticky, that dust and grime accumulate on your skin whenever you wear it. The dirt and everything else would stick, unless of course, you wash it off. 

For me, it was like listening to a horror story. Who would want to experience that kind of thing?

Nonetheless, I'm happy that BDJ included this so that we could try it. I'm hoping that this Beach Hut wouldn't be a disaster. If it's entirely different from the product that was in the 'horror story', I would be very glad to repurchase.

The Beach Hut Clear Spray in 180ml retails at Php 390.00 each. 


Dove Intense Repair Daily Hair Vitamin, 6ml x 12 capsules   
Lock in the nourishment for your hair the whole day by using these newly launched hair vitamins infused with Vitamin E and botanical extracts from Dove. Packaged in individual capsules to keep the formula fresh, simply cut out the end to squeeze the contents on your palms and apply to the middle section of your hair down to the tips for long lasting shine and smoothness. 
I've seen quite a lot of these at Watsons, but I never considered purchasing. Upon reading the description, I thought, it might not be a bad idea to try these after all.

Each blister pack of 6 capsules retails for Php 75.


Godiva Cleansing Kit 
Godiva Licowhite Whitening Facial Wash 
Its low-foaming, soap-free formula is infused with Licorice Root Extract, to gently cleanse your skin, leaving it with a softer, smoother glow. 
Godiva Licowhite Whitening Toner 
Get longer-lasting whiter skin with this toner formulated with Glabridin to effectively even out skintone and get rid of stubborn makeup gently. 
The last five products in this list can be found at Watsons. However, the Godiva products are not the kind of products I would purchase from there. I was never a fan of 'whitening' stuff. However, I wouldn't want to waste these, so I'm placing them in my travel kit.

By the way, why in the world are we, Filipinos, so obsessed with whitening products? Why not turn to brightening products instead? 

The facial wash in 50ml retails at Php 85, while the toner in 60ml costs Php 60.

FS Gel Liner, 5ml 
Say goodby to your pencils and hello to this gel-based eyeliner from FS! It's soft on the lids and rich in definition, so you can easily define your eyes. It comes in a 5ml elegant glass bottle and also comes with a free brush! It glides on smoothly helping you effortlessly achieve the look you want.
I've been trying to stay clear of FS cosmetics because of this Gel Liner. I have tried this (the black variant) sometime in 2010, but I was disappointed. 'Long-wear' gel eyeliner is nothing but lies. Expect smudges and panda eyes with this.

Also, I'm a little doubtful with it because it doesn't have an expiration date printed on its packaging. I'm a little paranoid, because the other FS product in the box, is about to expire on February 2015! That's  less than 5 months! Talk about 'beauty innovations'.

According to the curator card, this gel liner retails for Php 299.



FS Single Eye Shadow, 4g
These easy to blend powder eye shadows from FS are a great way to build up your eyeshadow collection. They come in varying finishes - shimmer, matte, satin and glitter that you can mix and match to create the look that you want. Their silky textures make it easy to blend on your eyes and also prevents product fallout. 
Lastly, meet the FS Single Eye Shadow. This came in last because, it's damaged and it's FS. Sorry, I was really upset with my gel liner, so I had to lower my expectations on the brand. I'm thinking of giving this away, or keeping this for myself. Expiry date is on February 2015, so I have to decide real soon!

Each FS Single Eyeshadow in 4g retails at Php 150.00 each,

Overall:

My idea of a 'good' box:

  • contains new products
  • contains practical products
  • contains products that are not close to expiry
  • great value for money (overall)

Hence, based on my criteria, this is a good box, because it managed to fulfill some of my expectations. Obviously, the not-so-new products included in the box, are the FS cosmetics, and maybe the Jergens lotions, while the rest are simply waiting to be tested.

Overall, I'm happy I got this box, because I could 'feel' that I get great value for my money.

Please let me know by commenting below if there's any product in the box that you'd like me to review. 'Til then!

Love lots,

Newbee


P.S.

I'll be unboxing another Memebox real soon, so stay tuned!

[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. 

NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said beauty box at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know! 
Do you have any business inquiries? Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment