Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review: The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Gift Set

The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Extreme Moisture Gift Set comes with a Tonic (20ml), a Serum with Essential (10ml), a Daily Moisturizer (20ml), and an Essential Cream (10ml). I got this as a freebie, which is why I have no idea how much it really costs. Sorry about that.



Let’s start with the review, shall we?

First Impressions

When I first opened the package, I actually considered throwing it away. The box looks worn out, and the contents look old, too. I don’t know about you, but when I first saw it, I had this bad feeling that the set must at least be an old stock, or worse, expired stock. I bet you can’t blame me; the box was not sealed, and contents weren’t also.

Plus, the contents look peculiar. Who would think at first look, that these solutions look normal? It’s obviously a demulsification of a liquid from oil. Normally, if you have a cosmetic, which shows some sort of demulsification after a considerable amount of time, you’d throw it away – right away.

But, the expiration date at the bottom of each container implies otherwise…

The printed expiration date led me to believe that the contents and the packaging looked old, because they are in-line with the eco-friendly campaign. However, because of its peculiar looks, I tucked it away for a couple of months and decided to try other skincare sets from Etude and Skinfood. I admit it; fancy packaging does influence my decisions on which skin care products to use. Etude’s and Skinfood’s are much fancier than the eco-friendly themes.

After I exhausted my Etude House and Skinfood Skincare Sets for about four months, I finally found myself ready for The Face Shop’s Arsainte Skincare products. Certainly, I had my doubts, but these were finally dispelled when the Internet disproved my suspicions. The demulsification and the ‘old-stock-look’ are part of the norms of the Arsainte set. Search it several times over the Internet, and you’ll definitely know what I mean.

Scent

One look and you’ll probably think of bamboo when you see the Arsainte Set. That’s what I first thought of, too. However, the scent is much closer to lemongrass; sorry, but I think it’s somewhat disgusting, because it’s overwhelming. Bamboo would have been much better. If you don’t have issues with lemongrass scents, then, it’s probably for you. The scent lingers for a while on your face though; so, think it through before finally deciding to purchase it. I hate the scent but I figured it became tolerable for me in the long run. In case you’d like to know, I have been using this set for almost a month now.

Formulation

Tonic with Essential


It’s water-like, except for the obvious traces of oil on top. When I tried applying it to my face, it was very easy to do so. Surprisingly, the ‘demulsified’ solution doesn’t create problems at all. It creates a pleasant texture on my face, making it softer and suppler. I figured that this particular tonic has some sort of cooling effects, too.

Serum with Essential
I love the container that it comes with. It’s easy to dispense, and it’s foolproof.


The serum comes in clear and watery foam. It’s easy to apply too. All you need is about a pump or two, for each facial application. I couldn’t exactly tell what it does, but it improvises the appearance of my skin.

Daily Moisturizer
It’s a white cream and the consistency is like runny lotion. It moisturizes well, too.





Essential Cream
If you have extra dry skin, this should do the trick. Its consistency is somewhat similar to a combination of a lotion and a cream. It takes a while to dry though, possibly 30 seconds or more, but it creates an extra dewy and flawless look.





Effects

I was actually surprised by how well this particular set works. It surely reminds me of the Collagen Skincare line by Etude House.

Repurchase?

Maybe. I’m sticking to Etude’s Collagen line for now, but this would be a good alternative, should I encounter problems with my all-time favorites from EH’s Collagen Skincare line. I guess Skinfood will have to be the second alternative.

Rating

4.50 out of 5.00 – Good, but not good enough to become my HG.

That's all.  I hope you'll find your HGs soon.

Love lots, 

NEWBEE 


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment