Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review: Baviphat Strawberry Toxifying Mask

Valentine’s Day is just around a corner; so, I assume that everyone wants to be pretty on that special day. In my case, I want to be pretty every day, which is why I try not to skip my mask routine every week. I do it 2-3 times a week, whenever I get the chance. I think of it as some sort of reward for doing all stressful things at home, at work, and even at school.

Speaking of masks, today’s review would be about another mask pack – the Baviphat Strawberry Toxifying Mask in 130g.



If you’ve been following my blog, you should know by now that I’m such a crazy fan for super cute packaging. Yes, I bought this baby mainly because it’s so darn cute. Who could resist a strawberry inspired jar? Not me. Definitely, not me.


I bought it from a small boutique in Davao City at a little more than Php 500, I guess. I’m so sorry; I could hardly remember how much it was worth four months ago.

Php 500+ for a 130g product with an insanely cute jar? I believe it’s a steal.

It's a strawberry sticking out! How cute is that? 

I should warn you though. Due to the extra packaging features, the jar is relatively heavier than most cosmetic jars in the market. The ‘strawberry’ seemed to take most of its bulk, but in my case, it’s just fine. After all, I only use this particular mask at home. I use sheet masks when I travel, so the bulky strawberry is no biggie for me at all. I hope it wouldn't bring any problems to you, too.

Packaging comes with an extra cover and a cute spoon! 
Scent

It looks like strawberry, but does it smell like strawberry?

The pink creamy substance will definitely remind you of strawberries! 
A resounding yes, it is!

I, for one, love its sweet strawberry scent. It doesn’t smell too artificial, unlike those other strawberry-inspired cosmetics I used in the past.

Definitely soft and creamy, but don't eat it! 
The scent may be overpowering when you first open the package, but don’t worry, the scent will eventually dissipate. First few applications would reveal a hint of strawberry, but soon enough, you’ll definitely forget about it. The strawberry scent only lingers for a while, and it’s not even an irritating smell, at least for my part.

Texture

It’s soft and creamy, and like most masks, it’s pretty easy to spread. However, it would start to solidify after a few minutes, so when you put this mask on, do it fast! Wait, not so fast, but relatively fast

A few seconds after application. Also shows the coverage of the 'spooned' product

It’s not a peel-off mask, but it solidifies anyway. I think it helps with tightening your pores, or something like that. Instructions indicate that you will have to put it on for 20 to 25 minutes before washing it off.


Taking it off

Most wash off packs are relatively difficult to wash off. This one, unfortunately, is not an exception at all, and if you’re clumsy enough, you might end up in a messy situation. I've been there, and it’s particularly difficult for me not to be messy whenever I use this. After all, when it comes in contact with water, it binds with the water then creates a texture similar to watery paint. 

I suggest washing it off at least two to three times, and check regularly for white residues, especially along the contours around the nose.
Solidifies a few minutes after application

Results

Good. My rating would probably fall in 4.00 out 5.00, which is not bad at all. I appreciate it because it helps my face look and feel squeaky clean and soft. To add, I think it has significantly reduced my acne and my red spots, but then again, the results are only temporary – I guess for only four hours or more? Nonetheless, it’s worth a try.

Not bad, but I think it would take more for it to fully land as an HG. It surely is nice, but I think I’ll not repurchase this for a while.

I guess that sums it all up.

Do you have any comments on this particular post? Please let me know. Feel free to post them below.

Enjoy your day everyone!


Love,



NEWBEE


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment