Thursday, February 13, 2014

Review: The Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash in Strawberry

Everybody loves to take a bath and I’m pretty sure you do, too.

Today, I’ll be reviewing another Korean product: The Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash in Strawberry.



Basically, this particular Etude product has been in the market for quite some time now. I’m also pretty sure that I’m not the first blogger to review this particular body wash; for all I know, there are a couple or more of them who shared their experiences through the blogosphere.

Anyway, Etude released five variants of this particular body wash. Aside from Strawberry, the Etude Milk Talk Body Wash is also available in: Chocolate, Banana, Apple, and Steam Milk.

How lovely is that?

Among the five variants, I chose strawberry because I just love strawberry.

Packaging

I bought this online and based everything on what was posted by the seller; I had the vaguest idea on what the real thing would actually look like.  The words ‘strawberry’ and ‘milk’ surely pulled my strings. Not to mention that the packaging was extremely adorable.

Looking back, I imagined a full sized milk bottle with lots of body wash liquid in it. However, when it was delivered, I was really disappointed. The bottle was tiny, possibly half the size of a full-sized milk bottle. I guess I expected too much from it.


In case you’re wondering, the ‘bottle’ is made of plastic, and the labels are somewhat waterproof. The labels won’t come off easily. So, don’t worry.


It’s pretty easy to dispense, too. It’s not too special, but not complicated either.


Scent

I love strawberries because they smell great – at least the real fruits though. Whenever I buy strawberry-inspired cosmetics, I usually associate the natural strawberry fragrance to what I buy, which means that for this particular review, the scent really matters for me.

So how was the Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash’s Scent?

Disgusting.

The word may sound a little too mean, but it was the first thing that came into my mind when I first opened the packaging. Sorry, Etude. The strawberry scent was too artificial for my standards. Basically, it was not my type of scent, but it was tolerable.  

Body Wash?

I do have issues with its scent, but the liquid itself has redeeming factors that are worth looking into:

  •  I appreciate the formulation of this wash. It is somewhat creamy and has a consistent formulation. I also love how it actually looks like. It’s like an improvised version of strawberry cream;
  •  It lathers well and a little goes a long way. A bottle would possibly last you a month.
  •  It moisturizes. Yes, it really does, and it should maintain your skin’s moisture for as long as 24 hours. Mine did.
  •  The scent doesn’t last long. Try it on, and a couple of minutes after that, the scent will disappear. This is a relief, at least for me though.

Repurchase?

Maybe, but definitely not the strawberry variant anymore. I hate the scent.

I’m actually eyeing on Chocolate or Apple.

Rating

4.00 out of 5.00. Good, but not good enough to become my HG body wash.

You know of a good body wash? Please do share below!


Love lots,


NEWBEE



[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment