Sunday, December 8, 2013

Review: Etude House Collagen Moistfull Skin Care Kit (First Essence, Facial Freshner, Eye Cream, Emulsion and Enriched Cream)

Time flies so fast that it’s already December; Christmas is in the air once again and everybody’s getting into the good mood.

Don’t you just love Decembers? Talk about gifts, bonuses, food, and everything else, and it just happens once a year.

Speaking of Christmas, have you ever thought the perfect gifts for your friends and family? How about for yourself?

In my case, I thought of giving away skincare products to my mom and sisters; and yeah, to my dad, who happens to love Korean skincare products. Don’t get me wrong; my dad’s not even a metrosexual to begin with, but he just saw how amazing Korean skincare products are, especially Skin79’s Hot Pink BB Cream (I know you're surprised, but I know a lot of men who happen to love it!) and Skinfood’s Black Egg Primer. It’s partly MY FAULT, and my MOM’s. I will blog about that story some other date though.

What about a gift for MYSELF? Haha. Yes, how can I forget about my SELF? As a matter of fact, I already bought them all – my early CHRISTMAS presents. I think you guessed it right; I just had a Korean skincare haul, which I will also post soon. And so, included my latest haul, are the full sizes from Etude House Collagen Moistfull Skin Care Line.

What so special about Etude House’s Collagen Moistfull Line?

It’s my favorite! Before I finally resorted to buying the full sizes, I settled with a trial kit first, which was initially given to me as a gift:

Stock photo of the Etude House Collagen Moistfull Skin Care Kit (5 pcs.)

My Etude House Collagen Moistfull Skin Care Set (Trial Kit), after a month of regular use

The trial kit I obtained six months ago contained the following:
·         Collagen Moistfull First Essence (15ml)
·         Collagen Moistfull Facial Freshner (25ml)
·         Collagen Moistfull Firming Eye Cream (5ml)
·         Collagen Moistfull Emulsion (25ml)
·         Collagen Moistfull Enriched Cream (10ml)


By the way, collagen is an anti-aging protein that helps maintain smooth and supple skin. So, if you’re not yet familiar with it, better look it up to see what it could really do for you, because sadly, I’m no expert on that particular topic.

Surprisingly, the kit lasted for months, around 4 months or so; and I've been using it regularly – once a day. However though, I've read somewhere that the Collagen Moistfull Line should be used twice a day.  Obviously, I made a mistake there, but I’m about to make an upgrade – from a trial-sized kit to a full sized kit, hah! So, I think this kit should last for around two months, if used twice a day; but still, it all depends on how much you’d like to put on your face.

Accordingly, basic skin care should include the following (please correct me if I’m wrong):

           Cleanser à Toner à Moisturizer à Eye Cream

I guess the Moistfull Kit I’ve got is more than enough to cover the steps after cleansing; the first essence and the facial freshner serve as ‘toners’, while the emulsion and enriched cream are the ‘moisturizers’.

How was my experience on this?

                The Etude House Collagen Moistfull Line promises to keep your skin healthy and moisturized, and the collagen is considered a plus. So far, I must say that this particular line has delivered what it promised. That’s why I bought the full-sized bottles and jars, remember? Here’s a ‘more detailed’ review:

                  First Essence – The First Essence is in a form of a clear liquid, almost like water. When I first applied it on my skin, my skin instantly became smoother to touch.

2       Facial Freshner – As the name suggests, it’s a facial freshener indeed. Don’t you think it should be spelt as ‘freshener’ instead of ‘freshner’? Nonetheless, I love putting it on my skin because it’s cool and pleasant. You might want to use cotton on this one though. The liquid is almost clear and the consistency is almost gel-like.

   Eye Cream – I love this eye cream because it doesn’t feel ‘heavy’ at all; and it easily absorbs into the skin.

The Eye Cream: Up Close


4       Emulsion – Its consistency is similar to lotion, but definitely lighter than lotion. This particular emulsion could give you an instant moisturized look.

5       Enriched Cream – I’ve read somewhere that oily skin and a combination of dry and oily skin need not to put this cream, but I did anyway. My skin’s somewhere between dry and oily, but it worked fine for me. This particular cream is almost like lotion too, but it gives you that extra dewy look.

The Enriched Cream: Up Close

 
(Left) The Enriched Cream; (Right) The Eye Cream
                Ever since I’ve used this, I got compliments from different people, without telling them what I did to my face. I must add: all of these are not sticky at all! That’s a plus! And they are not ‘heavy’ unlike most moisturizers. And these, altogether, could help you with your dewy look, without looking ridiculous. I’d say that this particular kit could go into my Holy Grail, yay!

                Obviously, this is a 5.00 out of 5.00 for me. 

                How about you? Have you ever tried Etude House’s Collagen Line?


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment