Friday, June 27, 2014

Review: Pixy Blush On (Passion Roses 04)

Any girl would surely love a rosy glow on the cheeks, but not everyone is capable of achieving that feat. It takes a little bit of experience and probably foolproof blush-on to create that perfect ‘blushed beauty’ look.

Blushes are created differently, and while we’re on the hunt for the perfect blush-on, I will show you one from an Indonesian cosmetic brand – Pixy.


Pixy is licensed under Mandom Beauty of Tokyo, Japan. It’s a fairly new cosmetic brand in Asia, and is yet to invade the Philippine Market.

I got a chance to try the Pixy Blush-On (Passion Roses #04) along with other Pixy products when Belle de Jour (BDJ) sent me the April 2014 BDJBox, a Pixy Exclusive box. To date, there is no information yet on where to purchase such cosmetics since Pixy hasn’t launched its products in the Philippines yet. For now, we could only settle on the products that BDJ sent us. 



According to the packaging:

The Pixy Blush On Passion Roses 04 gives a softly-blended, natural highlight on cheekbones. Choose from our collection of brown, pink or purple shades for your desired look.


By the looks of it, this particular shade, the Passion Roses #4 is probably categorized under the brown shade category. 


MY EXPERIENCE/IMPRESSIONS

Packaging

For a fairly new cosmetic brand, I would say that Pixy has indeed made an attractive packaging for the Pixy Blush On. Everything is close to pink, and I love everything about it. It’s sleek and handy, and doesn’t look cheap. 


The plastic container holds as much as 3.5g of pressed powder, and tiny brush for application. Although I don’t quite like the brush that it comes with, I just think that the packaging is just perfect for somebody like me.  It’s pretty easy to use, and it seals pretty well. Also, the instructions are not entirely in Indonesian; it has English directions, too.


Since the design of the blush container conforms to the norm, I don’t have any problems with it. You won’t find the expiration date on the box or the container though; however, both the batch code and manufacturing date are visible on the box and on the container itself. To determine your blush's expiry date, count 3 years from the printed manufacturing date.

       Formulation

If you’re an expert on applying blushes already, this may not be the best blush for you. Sadly, this is not quite pigmented. In my case, I had to swipe the blush with a brush at least 5 times for each cheek to show some pinkish hue. There was also this one time when I was extremely impatient and scratched the surface of the pressed powder just to get over the blush application stage.

However, if you’re a beginner, give the Pixy Blush On a try, and you’ll be surely amazed. Stop worrying about applying excess blush. With the Pixy Blush, you could easily manage your looks. Looking ridiculous, as far as blushes are concerned, is close to impossible with this blush.

Did I mention that the hue looks great, too? I was pretty sure that the shade looked brownish on the pan, but when I applied it on my cheeks, it became clear to me that it looks somewhat pinkish when applied. It’s matte and has a little shimmer, but nonetheless, it looked good on my cheeks.


The Pixy Blush On doesn’t have long staying power though. A couple of hours and you’re in for another touch-up. Pretty inconvenient for busy people, but somehow, some of us could manage that.

       Cost to Benefit

According to the curator card BDJ Box included in the April bunch, the Pixy Blush On (Passion Roses #04) in 3.5g retails at around Php 285. I think it is a pretty fair price, and it’s worth it.

RATING:

·         Packaging – 5.00 out of 5.00
·         Formulation – 4.00 out of 5.00
·         Cost Efficiency – 4.50 out of 5.00
Average Rating: 4.50 out of 5.00

Pros:

·         Excellent packaging
·         Gorgeous shade
·         Batch code and manufacturing date are both printed on the container and the box

Cons:

·         Not long lasting
·         Not quite pigmented

Repurchase? Maybe, but I guess I’ll try the other variants of this blush. 

That's all for today! Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to review!

Love lots,

Newbee


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) obtained the said product from a beauty box subscription. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to:newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment