Friday, June 13, 2014

Review: Kojie-san Kontur Cellulite Control Crème (150g)

I am very much weak to retail ‘temptations’, and I’m afraid to inform you that I simply gave in during a visit to Watsons a couple of months ago. As a result, I bought four different products during that day. I got three sunblock tubes, and one ‘cellulite control’ cream – the Kojie-san Kontur Cellulite Control Crème in 150g. 

Kojie-san Kontur Cellulite Control Creme 

Honestly, I just bought the cream because I needed something new to try. I mean, this may not be a sunblock, but never in my life have I bought a lotion that promises to ‘control fats’ or ‘burn fats’, whatever. However, I’ve always thought that it’s nearly impossible to, you know, ‘control cellulite’ just by applying a lotion or something, but I guess this one is worth a try. I bought this baby a little less than Php 300.00.

If I may add, Kojie-san is an established brand here in the Philippines. 


GENERAL INFORMATION

According to the packaging:

                New Kontur cellulite control crème, which dramatically reduces the appearance of cellulites and unwanted curves. Kontur cellulite control crème prevents the accumulation of fats and water trapped just below the skin.

                Finally! A revolutionary scientific breakthrough for controlling excess water to give skin a firmer, smoother appearance. Kontur with Phytofirm LCA promotes the oxidation of fat and palys an important role in the conversion of stored fats to energy. Phytofirm LCA and Algae Extract have a complimentary effect by improving skin texture and increasing skin softness, firmness and smoothness.

In summary, the Kojie-san Kontur Cellulite Control Crème promises to:
  • ·         Reduce the appearance of cellulites
  • ·         Prevent the accumulation of fats
  • ·         Prevent the accumulation of excess water below the skin
  • ·         Improve skin texture in  terms of softness, firmness and smoothness

Directions (according to packaging):

After shower or bath, apply to dry skin on thighs, hips, legs, arms, stomach, etc. Massage for a few minutes with circular movements, until cream completely absorbs into skin. Recommended use of this product is twice daily (morning and bedtime). To help increase your results, combine our product with a healthy lifestyle consisting of exercise and proper nutrition avoiding high fat foods and sweets.


Just a reminder, though; this is not a weight loss product. Therefore, you can’t expect this product to shed off pounds from your body. That’s a misconception. Cellulites are just stubborn excesses of water and/or fat – regardless of body weight.  Let’s start with the review, shall we? 


MY EXPERIENCE/IMPRESSIONS

Packaging

The packaging is pretty standard; the cream is in a tube and all you have to do is squeeze it until enough cream comes out. Since it is housed in a tube, it’s handy and very easy to use. I haven’t had any problems with it.

The Kojie-san Kontur Cream doesn’t come with a box, but the tube is just about enough. I don’t find this a problem at all, since I tend to throw the box right after I open it. I guess everybody does. Unless, of course, if you’re fond of collecting boxes.

Anyway, what I think Kontur is missing when it comes to packaging is the ‘expiry’ and/or ‘manufacturing’ date. I can’t find those information printed on the tube. I believe that this is very essential, and I hope the makers of Kojie-san would address this as soon as possible. 

That's just the batch code, right? I wonder where in the world is the expiry and/or manufacturing date printed. 


Formulation

Have you seen a real matcha green tea? The color seems to resemble matcha green tea in the form of a cream, though the Kojie cream is a little lighter.       

When I first used the cream, I was relieved that the fragrance is not a turnoff at all. It smells minty – very relaxing and soothing.

Also, I appreciate the fact that it’s non-greasy on the skin. It’s not sticky, too. Also, I’m glad that it doesn’t leave a heavy feel as well. Don’t worry about applying the green stuff on your skin. It won’t leave a cast on your skin, whatsoever. Just apply it like your regular lotion.


All in all, I think the formulation is just perfect. 

This should be 'greener'. Obviously, my camera didn't capture its 'greenness'.

During application

A few seconds after application: no green cast, blends easily
Effectiveness:

Let’s take a look at Kojie-san Kontur Cellulite Control Crème’s promises:

·         Does it help in reducing the appearance of cellulites?
Ø  It does, but only for a short period of time – probably only for a couple of hours, give and take.

·         Does it help in preventing the accumulation of fats?
Ø  I don’t think so. The original state of the skin returns a couple of hours after application.

·         Does it prevent the accumulation of excess water below the skin?
Ø  I don’t think so. The original state of the skin returns a couple of hours after application.

·         Did the skin texture improve in terms of softness, firmness and smoothness?
Ø  After application, the skin texture improved a notch almost instantly. However, the results are only temporary.

Cost to Benefit

The tube costs around Php 300, and if you’ll apply it religiously on your legs and belly, twice a day, you might empty the tube in a couple of weeks. That’s just an estimate, though. Hence, you are like spending Php22 each day on this skincare product alone.

If you think that:

·         You need to reduce your cellulites even for a couple of hours;
·         You could afford to spend at least Php 11 per application of this cream;
·         You need smoother and firmer skin even for a couple of hours only;

Then, maybe, for you, this is worth buying.

In my opinion, though, this product gave me a pretty good experience, and I might consider purchasing another one just for the fun of it. 

RATING:

  • ·         Packaging – 4.70 out of 5.00 (I wish they indicated the manufacturing date and expiry date on the tube)
  • ·         Formulation – 5.00 out of 5.00
  • ·         Effectiveness – 3.00 out of 5.00
  • ·         Cost Efficiency – 5.00 out of 5.00

Average Rating: 4.50 out of 5.00

Pros:
  • ·         Excellent packaging in terms of ease of use and simplicity
  • ·         Product is well-formulated in terms of consistency and texture
  • ·         Scent is relaxing
  • ·         Not greasy
  • ·         Not ‘heavy’ on the skin
  • ·         Makes skin smooth and firm
  • ·         Easily blends on the skin
  • ·         Locally available (e.g. Watsons nationwide)

Cons:
  • ·         Manufacturing date and/or expiry date of the product was not printed on the tube
  • ·         Slimming effects are only temporary

Repurchase?

Maybe. I might need a few cellulites to disappear for only a couple of hours - pretty handy for social events.

Here’s a secret:

I have a crazy idea. Why not try this on the face? I will do that, and I’ll inform you if it would be a good alternative to facial firming essences. Good luck with me on that.

Well, that’s all for today. Have a great day everyone!

Please let me know if there's anything I could help you with. 

Love lots,

Newbee


 [DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment