Sunday, June 22, 2014

Review: Nature Republic Snail Solution Mask Sheet in 20g

It’s time for another review!

Today, we’ll be talking about… UGH… snails and snail slime in particular.

In case you haven’t heard, snail slime is a trend in the beauty industry, particularly in Japan and Korea. Search all over the internet, and sources will lead you to information about such. 

Who would have thought that snail mucus could help moisturize the skin and reduce wrinkles?

If you’re not too keen about using ‘pure’ snail mucus on your face, but you’re very much interested in improving your skin’s appearance, don’t fret. Our favorite Korean brands are in the process of improvising some of their skin care products with snail slime, one after another. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the yucky stuff – you won’t even know snail slime is there. 

Having said all that, let me introduce you to:

Nature Republic Snail Solution Mask Sheet



This is actually a sample. A few months back, I was given 10 of these for purchasing quite a number of Korean cosmetics online. I was skeptical, too, but I figured that it was worth a try. It’s from Nature Republic, after all, and so far, I've been loving products from Nature Republic. I needed facial masks, too.

I have been using these sheet masks for about 1-2 times a week in the past few months. This is my last piece, by the way. I just think that it would be a waste if I won’t be able to share this with you. 

How to use (as indicated on the packaging):

1)      After applying toner, pull out mask sheet from package and unfold
2)      Apply the mask sheet onto the face from the lower (chin) part of the mask and move upward towards the forehead
3)      Remove mask sheet after 10-15 minutes
4)      Gently pat any remaining formula into skin.

Caution: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth. Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rashes appear. Keep out of reach of children.

MY EXPERIENCE/IMPRESSIONS

Packaging

Obviously, there’s nothing special about its packaging. The sheet mask pouch is a common choice among sheet mask manufacturers, but I really appreciate that it contains text in English, too. Also, they printed the expiry date and batch code on the pouch. I have no qualms whatsoever. Despite its simplicity, the packaging has served its function well - no spills and completely airtight.



Formulation

Imagine a sticky gel. Yep, the essence is similar to that of a sticky gel, but I don’t think the appearance of the essence comes close to snail mucus. The essence looks artificial to me. Also, the scent is very pleasant and doesn't smell gross at all.

The mask is cool to the touch, and feels somewhat refreshing when applied.  If you’re in for a quick pampering, then, I think this mask is perfect for you! A word of caution, though, you might want to fall asleep when you put this on, because it is very relaxing and refreshing.


Effectiveness

For a sample, this product has done quite a lot for me. For one, it moisturized my face really, really well. Turns out that every time I use this, I get that extra smooth skin texture; your stressed skin would definitely transform. Mine did! Yours might as well. Also, the effect lasts for about two days! I often get compliments because of this!

Honestly, this mask has improved my skin a lot since I first used this; my skin has become extra smooth and firm, thanks to this baby!

Did I mention that it improves your face for the long term?

Yes! Use this once to twice a week for months, and you’ll definitely see improvements. I did, even for a measly 10 sheets of masks. I’m definitely buying more of these!

Is it really worth buying?

In my opinion, yes! I’m in love with this thing, and I don’t really mind spending my money on this. It relieves my stress, too. For around Php 100 each, it does quite a lot. It’s effective on improving the appearance and texture on my skin, and it gives me temporary relief from stress. I’ve tried a lot of masks before, and this is simply one of the best there is.

RATING:

·         Packaging 5.00 out of 5.00
·         Formulation 5.00 out of 5.00
·         Cost Efficiency 5.00 out of 5.00

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5.00

Pros:

·         Significantly improves the texture and appearance of my facial skin
·         Scent is mild and pleasant
·         Very refreshing and relaxing when applied on the face
·         Regular use of this mask could help improve the skin for the long haul

Cons:

·         None

Repurchase?

Yes! Not so many masks out there could live up to what this mask could do, at a very affordable price.

Obviously, the Nature Republic Snail Solution Sheet Mask would go to my list of HGs as well.

Two thumbs up for Nature Republic! J

Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!

Love,

Newbee

[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) obtained the said products as free gifts for purchasing several products from one store. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment