Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Review: Skin79 Special Clear Set (Moisture Body Wash, Creamy Foam Cleansing, and Gentle Peeling Gel)

I love bath products, and I would love them even more if they’re from my favorite Korean brands. So, if you’ve been following my blog for quite some time now, you would notice that I just love Skin79! This time, I’ll review on Skin79 Special Set, which consists of Peeling Gel, Body Wash and Facial Cleanser.


I bought this particular set online at Php 860.00, which is pretty expensive for three different products in ‘mini’ 30-ml tubes. I bought it anyway, hoping to find something good for my skin. After all, it’s the only Skin79 product which has a body wash in it, and I needed a good ‘travel set’.

A body wash, a peeling gel, and a facial cleanser in one set sounds good enough.

If you’re familiar with Skin79, you will notice that it doesn’t carry brands other than makeup and facial care products. Well, this particular set is an exception. This is the only Skin79 body wash, why would I skip this opportunity?                

Let’s start with Skin79’s body wash, shall we?

Skin79 Special Set: Moisture Body Wash

Apologies if I can’t supply you with photos of this product. I already ran out of it, like ages ago.
Based on what I remember, the body wash lathers well; better than most body washes in the market, but I believe it’s not the best there is. Its texture is close to typical Korean facial cleansing foams; think of Missha and Apieu.

I also found out that it is extremely moisturizing and mild to the skin. It also gives your skin a luxurious feel to it.

Yes, the tube is tiny. As a matter of fact, I only used it for about three times. Yeah, that’s the sad part. (Explains why I don’t have an actual photo of it). So, I couldn’t say much about this stuff only that it’s moisturizing. Not much.

Skin79 Special Clear Set: Gentle Peeling Gel

The first peeling gel I’ve ever used was the Skin79 Crystal Peeling Gel, which promises to remove the impurities and dead skin cells from your face after every use. I loved it and used it weekly for a little more than a year. I think it significantly reduced my acne. I also think that it made my skin clearer and brighter.

Skin79 Crystal Peeling Gel


The Peeling Gel, which was included in the Skin79 Special Set, is very similar to the Skin79 Crystal Peeling Gel. Truth be told, I think this is the Crystal Peeling Gel in a different packaging, but unfortunately, I have nothing to compare it with. I mean, I ran out of Crystal Peeling Gel years ago. However, just like the Crystal Peeling Gel, I love it so much and it’s is so effective in improving the appearance of my face. Also, I think a little of this product could go a long way as well.

Honestly, I was very happy to have this in my ‘Travel Kit’.

Skin79 Special Clear Set: Creamy Foam Cleansing

I haven’t tried any cleansers from Skin79, because normally, they could cost twice as much as those other Korean cleansers. However, thanks to the Special Set, I was able to try one. I must say that I’m pretty impressed with this cleanser. Just like the body wash, it’s moisturizing and mild to the skin. Honestly, I feel like I’m a notch prettier whenever I use this. Most of all, I think it prevents acne as well. I’ve been using this for months now. Meaning, a 30-ml tube such as this could go a long way as well.

Way to go Skin79!

My Verdict

Overall, I think this is a good product, only that it’s a bit pricey. I think I should rate it a 4.00 out of 5.00.

I wish the ‘set’ would just come in pairs – one tube for peeling gel and one tube for cleansing foam. I’d hate to say it, but the body wash was a waste of packaging. I mean, one tube for about 3-5 uses only, then the tube goes to the trash bin. I think each tube delivers what it promises, though. Nonetheless, I hope Skin79 would release a full-sized body wash. I’ll definitely buy it!

Have you tried this particular set before, too? How was it?

Please share your experiences in the comment section.

Thank you and have a great day!


Love,


NEWBEE



[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment