Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the late post this week. As promised in my last post, I’ll be reviewing some (hopefully, all) of the beauty products I have used (have been using) in the past months. So this time, let me start with an eye cream from Skin79’s The Oriental Line:

Skin79 The Oriental Double Perfection Eye Healer in 15 ml)


Skin79 is a Korean brand, manufactured by Wizcoz. So, unlike The Face Shop, Etude House, and Skinfood, it hasn’t paved its way to the Philippines yet; though a lot of small entrepreneurs have been selling some if its products online and even on small beauty bazaars. Skin79 is famous for its exquisite line of BB Creams – one of which is even renowned worldwide as the Queen of BB Creams – the Skin79 Super Plus Hot Pink Beblesh Balm (I also have this, but I’ll post a review of it some other time).

A word of caution though, imitators are catching up to the popularity of these items, and they imitate one Skin79 product after the other. I’ve even seen fake Skin79 products sold in malls. So be cautious! Who knows what kind of things they could put on fake products. So, if you’re seeing Skin79 products sold at a price that is too good to be true, stay away; it might be fake.

             I am a great fan of Skin79 and just because I could hardly find its products here in the Philippines, I hoard a lot of them every time I purchase some stuff from South Korea. If you’ve seen my last post, you could tell that around 80% of the skincare products I own are actually Skin79 items, including my Double Perfection Eye Healer.

So let me start with the review:

What is The Oriental Double Perfection Eye Healer?

As stated in the packaging:

Description in Korean

Short description about the product and the directions

Long list of ingredients

I have been using this thing since the 21st of October 2013; I guess I now have the ‘right’ to give this product a verdict. I bought this at approximately Php 600 to Php 650 (some even retail at around Php 1200 each!), which is rather pricey to begin with. Nonetheless, I believe we’re still on the hunt for effective products at reasonable price. I’ll show you later how I’m going to convince you if it’s really pricey in my standards.

Take a good look at the overall design of the product. Don’t you find it rather expensive-looking and a bit high-end? In my honest opinion, I find Skin79 items, especially those that are in The Oriental line, have really very attractive packaging. The Gold box, and the gold (everything) is just too irresistible for somebody like me. I knew I had to own at least one, and I did. As a matter of fact, I think I have 4 Orientals in my personal collection, including this baby.

Don’t be fooled, though. In the photos, this healer looks rather high-end, but it’s somewhat lightweight. Initially, I thought it would be heavier, because of its packaging, but unfortunately, it’s not. On second thought, it might not be so unfortunate at all, because I could easily take this even on a vacation, so not so much worries about that!

Here’s a snapshot of what the product looks like after you take the cap off:




Notice that it’s somewhat tapered, and it looks more like a pen. It’s supposed to help you with the application of the gel to your eyes.

Here’s what the gel looks like, after you pump it out of its container:



Each pump dispenses pea-sized gel, which is in my opinion, enough to cover some areas around the eye. So, based on experience, I think a little goes a long way.

"Before, During and After" photos of my hand:

Before application

During application

After product has been applied


The gel, when applied to the eyes, is somewhat cool. Possibly comparable to freshly cut cucumbers, if you know what I mean. However, you could only feel the sensation for a short period of time, then, the cooling sensation is gone. It doesn’t sting, but in my opinion, a bit sticky when it starts to dry off. However, it shouldn't be a problem if you’re applying it before going to sleep.

I normally put this on before going to bed. The next day, I always find the product dried up, but the extra moisture has been unmistakably locked into the skin around my eyes. I never used it during daytime though, because I often use BB cream (sometimes, with foundation) to deal with the inconsistencies and flaws in my skin; I couldn’t imagine wearing such a slow-drying gel, when I’m meeting up with my clients.

Eye creams are a must in Korean Skincare, but I find this product impractical to use during daytime. I prefer my other eye cream for this. J

Then again, this baby promises to help you with your dark eye circles. I’ve been using this for over a month now, and I think I’m quite satisfied with what it delivers. I’ve had really dark eye circles before I began using this, but now, they’re still there but not as dark as I had before. Maybe, there are a lot of factors involved, including hours and hours of lack of sleep, but I won’t dwell deeper on that one. The bottom-line is: the dark circles around my eyes seem lighter than before.

Would I purchase it? Maybe. I think that it’s more on the expensive side, and the effects would take a long time before you could finally see them. I’m satisfied, but I’m still on the hunt for the best eye cream for my skin. I think I just have to finish the whole bottle up and move on to the next. And by the way, I would like to show you how this cream is rather pricey for my standards. Let me show you a computation I learned way back in grade school:

I think 15ml is quite a lot. I have an Etude Eye Cream (in 5ml), which I have used up for a little more than 2 months. So, I guess, 15ml should give us 6 months of everyday use, give and take.

Compute for duration in days: 6 months x 20 days = 120 days
I only use this during weekdays, once a day

Compute price per use:
Purchase price divided by the duration (in days)
Php 650.00 divided by 120 days = Php 5.50

This means that at Php 5.50 per use, you could only expect your eyebags to be moisturized, and lighten just a little bit. However, I’ve seen quite a number of eye creams sold at a cheaper price (Php 3.00 and below per use) and I would say, do the same effects this baby does.

Overall rating? I think it’s a 3 out of 5. It’s not at all bad, and not too good either, just somewhere in between. It’s not at all too special, but not harmful either. I think I could simply proceed with my skin care routine without this.

I hope you find this useful!

Please let me know on what you think about this.

Love,


NEWBEE


 [DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment