Saturday, August 16, 2014

Review: Etude House Happy Essential Foam Collagen

If you've been following this blog, you'd know by now that I have some sort of addiction to skin care products, particularly from known Korean brands.

As for facial cleansers, I know I've tried Missha; I've tried Skin79; I've tried Etude House; I know I've tried quite a lot already and I do have mixed emotions about trying them all. Some were great; they were extremely effective and great to use! While others, are not so great - some performed even worse than expected.

Anyway, today's review would be about a cleanser, once again from Korean brand - Etude House.


It's called the Etude House Happy Essential Foam Cleanser. Would it really make us happy - as the name suggests? Let's see.

Apparently, there are 5 variants of the Etude House Happy Essential Foam:

Yellow: Vitamin C - Turn into bright skin!
Pink: Collagen - Turn into elastic skin!
Blue: Hyaluronic - Turn into Moistfull Skin!
Light Grey: White Clay - Bye Oily Day, Hello Smooth Skin!
Dark Grey: Witch Hazel - Turn into Clean, Smooth Skin!

As you could see, I got the pink one, which is Collagen. It promises to improve the elasticity and firmness of the skin.

Take a look at the photo below to know what it does/promises:

Yep, Etude House prints English on its products


Manufacturing date embedded at the top of the tube
Packaging

Obviously, packaging is your typical facial cleansing tube - except for the extra cute graphics - that makes me wanna smile every time I see it. I have no problems with it, and it seals well, too.

Formulation 

One thing that really makes it different from all the other cleansers that I've tried is its texture. Its texture is not runny. Extracting some product from the tube takes some time, too, but it lathers really well on the skin.

It also has a subtle powdery scent to it, which I happen to love. The scent goes away after you lather it on your palms.


Effectiveness

Although the packaging states that the formulation contains 40% of moisturizers, the foam, every time I use it, leaves my facial skin dry. I also suspect that it has caused the appearance of red spots on my skin. They almost look like pimples, but they are not. Just red spots that are annoying to look at. Maybe, it's just a reaction to the cleanser.

Honestly, I'm not really sure if this particular cleanser delivered its promises. There appears to be no improvements on my face. No improvement on elasticity, and no improvement on firmness. I don't feel that tightening effect though, so maybe it's a good thing.

Maybe, just maybe, this is NOT the right cleanser for me.

Rating:

Packaging - 5.00 out of 5.00
Formulation - 4.50 out of 5.00
Effectiveness - 2.00 out of 5.00

Overall Rating: 3.83 out of 5.00

Pros:

  • Smells great 
  • Cleanses impurities well
  • A little product goes a long way
  • No tightening effect
  • Didn't cause any breakouts
  • Lathers really well
  • Very easy to use

Cons:

  • Dries skin
  • May have caused appearance of tiny red spots
  • No visible improvements on skin 
Repurchase?

For this particular variant? No. 

I might want to try Hyaluronic, though.

The Etude House Happy Essential Foam Cleansers retails at Php 248.00 at Etude House stores. 

What do you think?

Don't be shy! Just let me know by typing your comments below!

Love lots,


Newbee


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 
If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  

Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment