Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Review: Nature Republic The Salon Body Esthe A-Fit Kit (A-Fit Wash and A-Fit Clear Cream)

I checked my cosmetics collection once again, only to find out that I’m running out of Nature Republic A-Kit Wash from the Nature Republic The Salon Body Esthe A-Fit Kit. I decided that before I use up everything, I should at least give you an idea on what it is, and how it works.

Stock Photo for Nature Republic The Salon Body Esthe A-Fit Kit

Last month, I decided to buy this kit on a whim, together with the Tonymoly Floria Pore-Tightening Cleansing Foam. I have never tried the Nature Republic brand before, and neither Tonymoly. Both purchases were a first for me and both were bought online. Unfortunately, Tonymoly was a bad purchase, as I mentioned in my blog post here.

Luckily, Nature Republic’s A-Kit performed way better than I imagined.

Read on if you’d like to know why.


Actual photos of my Nature Republic A-Fit Kit (after a month of regular use)
Close Look

The said kit contains two tubes: one is the A-Fit Wash 80ml and the other is the A-Fit Clear Cream in 50ml.



Nature Republic A-Fit Wash

According to its description, it is a mild scrub that could exfoliate the armpit; it promises to make your skin smoother and silkier. Most of all, it is said to be mineral oil-free, alcohol-free, synthetic dye-free, GMO-free and BSE-free.


The A-Fit Wash: Almost looks like facial cleanser


Nature Republic A-Fit Clear Cream

The A-Fit Clear Cream, on the other hand promises to whiten and moisturize the underarms. It also promises to minimize its pores and control odor; and just like the A-Fit wash, the cream is said to be mineral oil-free, alcohol-free, synthetic dye-free, GMO-free and BSE-free.

The A-Fit Cream

My Experience

I bought it at around 500 pesos (excluding shipping) online, and with two tubes at 50ml and 80ml, I initially thought that it was a great steal. It indeed was.

 The Wash

The Wash is like a mild facial cleanser, in terms of texture and consistency, and surprisingly, it doesn’t look like facial scrub at all. It lathers well, and a small amount of the wash should go a long way. Not much is needed, but it’s really good. I’m pretty satisfied with it.

However, I am quite suspicious with its composition. The ads tell me that it’s supposedly paraben-free etc., but not much has been said in its original packaging. Sadly, almost all of the texts written are in Korean. Please correct me if I’m wrong; I’m not a chemist or anything like that, but something tells me that the ad must be misleading us. For instance, it’s supposedly synthetic dye-free, but I could clearly see that the wash has some sort of a light green color to it. Would it be possible to achieve that kind of appearance without the use of synthetic chemicals?

If you’re sensitive enough, you might smell the light fragrance of the wash; the fragrance is somewhat close to baby powder, but it goes away as soon as you lather it with water.

The Cream

The cream looks just like your typical cream. It’s white and creamy.  Just like the wash, it smells like baby powder, too. The baby powder fragrance lingers though, because obviously, you don’t have to wash the cream right after application.


I've been using this kit for a while now, especially the wash because I decided I would not use my bath soap on my underarms anymore. Just like how I decided to stop using bath soap on my face, because cleansers are much much better to use. I figured that the skin on my armpits reacted really well to the A-kit solution. It’s somewhat embarrassing to elaborate the details here, but I could really attest that after regular use (daily, sometimes, twice a day), I realized that my armpits have:

                *lesser bumps
                *smaller pores
                *lighter complexion

As for the cream, it’s pretty good too, but I’m too lazy to put it on after washing. I sometimes use it instead of my beloved anti-perspirant, but somehow, it feels kind of wrong to do so. You guessed it right: me and my irrational senses, sometimes get in the way. After all, it wasn't marketed as an antiperspirant, so there’s no reason for me to stick to it during daytime. Also, I heard that the cream could cause some stains on your clothing, so better think twice before using it. I never had any personal experience with the cream staining my clothes, but it’s possible. In most cases, I use the cream on nighttime, when I’m about to sleep; it’s more comfortable that way.

My Verdict

I love it and it’s a 4.50 out of 5.00. I didn't give it a perfect rating because it lacked English texts, but I’ll continue using it. As a matter of fact, I already bought two kits so that I won’t have to worry running out of this thing in the near future.

So, I guess that’s all for now. I hope you learned something from this post.

Happy holidays to everyone!


Love lots,


NEWBEE


[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) chose to buy the said product at her own expense. Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment