Saturday, February 14, 2015

Review: The History of Whoo Jinyul Eye Cream

The History of Whoo is a high-end Korean skincare and makeup brand. Personally, I find it fascinating because its products have a luxurious oriental touch to their packaging. They look very expensive in person! When I saw them, I almost instantly thought of queens and empresses doing their skincare routine!

I only have two products from The History of Whoo, both of which are in sample sachets. One is the Jinyul Eye Cream, which I will review in this post. 

The History of Whoo Jinyul Eye Cream


Pros:
  • Excellent consistency 
  • Very easy to apply
  • Doesn't leave a white/grey cast on skin
  • A little goes a long way
  • Minimizes fine lines along the eye area
Cons:
  • Full size is expensive
  • Doesn't lighten dark eye circles
  • Not available locally 

Consistency

If there's anything that would make this product stand out from the rest of the gazillion eye creams out there, that would probably be its consistency. Personally, I find the consistency of this eye cream very 'balanced'; it glides smoothly on the skin around the eye area. I love how it quickly absorbs and blends into the skin - thereby, allowing you to apply your makeup in no time at all. Also, I love how it doesn't leave a white cast when applied.

I also found out that a little goes a long way with this product. A small 1-ml sachet, allows me to use it 4-6 times, and that's like 3 days at most, given if you apply twice a day! 




Effectiveness

I have tons of expectations on this product, especially that it's a luxury brand and all. I expected it to deliver what it promises, and that is to reduce eye lines, and dark circles around the eye area. 

I'm happy to announce that the Jinyul Eye Cream worked on my fine lines, but sadly, it did nothing to my dark eye circles. For your reference, I have religiously used this eye cream twice a day. I managed to empty all the ten sachets I bought a few months back. 




The full-sized version of this product is rather expensive. Testerkorea, for one, sells 20ml of this for 91,000 won ($83 or Php 3,700).

Aside from being expensive, this product is not available locally, which is rather inconvenient for us, who reside outside Korea. Waiting time for shipments from Korea to the Philippines is painstakingly long. I opted on buying sachets (sample sizes) of these, because obviously, I cannot shell out loads of cash for a mere eye cream.

Good thing, I am happy with the results. I have decided on NOT purchasing the full sized jar of this, but I will continue to purchase their sachets for daily use.


Personal Thoughts:

I have a bad sleeping habit, because I only get 6 hours of sleep per day, at most.

You probably guessed it right, I have very dark eye circles on top of very puffy eyes.

Since the History of Whoo's Jinyul Eye Cream is one of Korea's high end eye products, I took the chance with the hope of minimizing my dark eye circles and the puffiness around my eyes. A full-sized jar of this eye cream is so expensive, despite containing only around 20ml worth of product. I bought 10 1-ml sachets at a very low price. Even if I bought around 20 1-ml sachets, still, the price of the 20-ml sachets is nothing compared to the 20-ml full sized jar - not even half of it - so why bother purchasing anyway?

Sample products are indeed very helpful when it comes to beauty decisions. However, I noticed that most of these products in sachets don't have the expiry or manufacturing date printed on them, which is probably a concern for the lot of us. I did hesitate on to applying the product on to my eyes for a while, but good thing, the product is still good for use. I didn't detect anything peculiar on the product. But, really, it would have been great if they printed the expiry/manufacturing date on, so that we would know if it's still good.





[DISCLAIMER] This is NOT a sponsored or paid advertisement. NEWBEE (the author of this blog) purchased the said product using her own money. 

Please note that the reviews are not by any chance made by an expert on makeup and skincare; these reviews are all based on the author’s limited knowledge, thoughts, and opinions. 


If you have beauty products that you’d like me to review, let me know!  
Need advertising space? This blog is also open for advertising. Please send me a message to: newbeeworld31@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Hello po saakin po meron sya expiration date. 2020 po nakalagay sakin.

    ReplyDelete